Embrace Outside with Molly Hurford



How to Transition to Barefoot Running + Living


I was one of those people who did exactly what Chris McDougall hoped people wouldn’t do: after reading Born to Run, I a) signed up for a trail marathon that was happening 8 days from the day I signed up, and b) switched to …






My Best Travel Tips for Introverts


Introvert travel is tricky. I’m definitely on the introvert side of the spectrum, meaning my energy mainly comes from time alone, which makes our life on the road really freaking hard sometimes—especially when you consider that most of our travel is with people, coaching …












Perfectionist Tendencies or Just Lazy?


The new trend in the wellness industry right now seems to be articles and podcasts and IG posts all about perfectionist tendencies and how they’re holding us back. And I think that might be true for, say, 15% of people. The other 85% of …







My 5 (Everyday) Wardrobe Staples


As I keep packing and unpacking, I notice more and more patterns. Lately, I’ve been realizing that of everything I own, I turn to the same few pieces of clothing for 99% of situations, so I wanted to put together a full current list. …





A Lacrosse Ball is the Cheap Massage Tool You Need


Over on Gear Junkie, I’m talking about the most useful piece of gear that an endurance athlete can buy for under $2: a lacrosse ball. It’s small, packable, cheap as hell, and can provide the most satisfying, painful massage ever. Since we fly a …








The One Thing: Athletic Bookworm Review + Highlights


This month’s Athletic Bookworms was similar to November’s choice, The Motivation Manifesto: Not 100% athlete oriented, but a lot of lessons that we can take from it with our training (and, of course, in our everyday lives). This one was The ONE Thing: The …














The Outdoor Edit 2018 Gift Guide


I know I’m a little late to the Gift Guide game here on The Outdoor Edit but it’s been a roller-coaster of a month on here and in life. So, without further ado, a few of the things I’m giving as gifts this year …




Perfect Your Indoor Bike Trainer Setup


Over at Bicycling, I wrote a piece about the gear that can make an indoor trainer setup the most optimal… My personal favorite thing (that I’ve used over the years) is a music stand to balance your phone/iPad/whatever on while you pedal, rather than getting one of …