Embrace Outside with Molly Hurford

Category: Blog

Speedwork That Every Runner Can (and Should!) Do

Speedwork That Every Runner Can (and Should!) Do


I am a runner (and cyclist) who really, really hates speedwork. Seriously, ask me about my last interval workout (at least, before I committed to my new coach back in November). I genuinely couldn’t have told you when it was. That’s why my tendency …




Perfectionist Tendencies or Just Lazy?


The new trend in the wellness industry right now seems to be articles and podcasts and IG posts all about perfectionist tendencies and how they’re holding us back. And I think that might be true for, say, 15% of people. The other 85% of …


The Only Chili Recipes You'll Ever Need

Athlete-Friendly Chili Recipes For… Chilly Days.


Chili is genuinely one of my favorite things to make—I freaking love our CrockPot!—so when Outside asked me to get a bunch of chili recipes from a huge variety of chefs and athletes, from vegans to vanlifers to Alexi-freaking-Pappas, I was super stoked. I …


Flying Advice For a Smooth Trip

Some Great Flying Advice For Making a Trip 110% Smoother


I have a flight to Spain coming up in a couple of weeks and I re-stumbled across a piece over on Thrillist about the unwritten rules of flying that I freaking loved… And of course, reading it made me think of a few rules …




ULTRARUNNERS ON GOING VEGAN

Why Are There So Many Vegan Ultrarunners?


Peter and I have a running joke at this point, whenever I mention I was interviewing an ultrarunner for an article / for our podcast / just because I want to get some tips: I say I chatted with a super rad ultrarunner, and …