April in Ontario can be a grim month, so let’s liven it up with this series of talks that will serve as the unofficial kickoff to the summer season. Rather than retreating to our sofas for another night of Netflix, or heading to the basement for another treadmill sufferfest, let’s come together and talk about a topic that is near and dear to our hearts: How to Be Outside.
A speaker series devoted to outdoor adventure, inspiration + motivation
COLLINGWOOD, ON | APRIL 18, 2020
We’ll hear about the wide range of ways that we can get more people outside—adventure doesn’t have one specific flavor!
There will be 10 amazing speakers giving short talks throughout the night, ranging from pro athletes to advocates to outdoors devotees who just want to get more people outside. Topics currently include how to start an outdoors movement, how to get more kids playing outside—without signing them up for youth sports, and how to step back from racing in order to start pushing your limits in new ways.
There will also be time before the speakers start to chat with local outdoors groups and clubs and get involved—using your inspiration from the talks and taking action to make 2020 the best season of your life!
- Where: Gayety Theatre in Downtown Collingwood
- When: April 18, 2020
- Doors will be open at 6 for a social to meet local outdoor groups + grab a drink (plus some raffle drawings at 7:45PM so make sure you arrive with time to spare!)
- Speakers starting at 8PM and run until 10:30PM
- Who: 14 amazing outdoor enthusiasts and professionals speaking on a wide variety of topics: FULL SPEAKER LIST
- Tickets available HERE
- Follow the event on Facebook to keep up with all the info and get subscribed to the newsletter!
If you’re interested in helping with the event, please email Molly: molly [at] theoutdooredit.com. Sponsorship information for the event is available.