New Consummate Athlete Podcast with Ryan Atkins, Obstacle Racer and World Champ
Ryan Atkins is an obstacle course racing superstar. His sport background is diverse including field sports, unicycle trials (!), cross-country running and XC mountain bike racing, which made talking to him an absolute blast. Peter has known him for a bunch of years, and we had so much fun catching up with him.
A few of the topics we go through (among a ton of others!)
- OCR – Obstacle Course Riding
- Training for multiple Disciplines
- Training grip strength as the key to sport—so many sports and so many life activities are so influenced by ability to just hang on
- Challenging fear of new experience
- How to train for OCR, which is basically how to train to do any kind of athletics
Training with a partner who also competes (his soon-to-be-wife is also a superstar OCR racer, which makes training and racing even crazier)
And check out our other episodes here.