Indoor Trainers, Nutrition at College + Fueling Early Runs on The Consummate Athlete Podcast
This Q&A Consummate Athlete Podcast episode was a really fun one for me, since it hit two topics that I really love: college nutrition and early morning fueling for runs. College was a tricky time for me, and in a lot of ways, a crappy diet fueled by a dining hall with an overabundance of choice is actually what propelled me into sport, after a year of terrible eating left me feeling like crap all the time. It clearly spiraled from there, since when I was 19, the idea of running a mile was a foreign concept. So it was fun to re-imagine what I would have done differently as a collegiate athlete had I entered school with that mindset!
Today’s episode also discusses:
– Cyclocross Pan-American championships in Milton Ontario
– The recent press around The Mary Cain Op-Ed regarding the troubling focus on body composition in elite sport.
– Riding and training indoors – boredom and technology
– College Nutrition Challenges
– Fueling for early workouts and races
– Training and nutrition for Menopause
So, give the episode a listen…. And as always, let us know what you think by leaving us a rating or review on iTunes! Those ratings/reviews really do help us book big guests on the show, and as we’re getting into Year 3 of running the podcast, we’re looking even harder at what the future holds for it, so if you’ve found yourself tuning in over the last couple years, please share the love.
Click for shownotes: Pan Am Cx, Indoor Trainer, Nutrition at College, Fueling early runs
Liked this episode? Do us a solid and subscribe