outdoor adventure, travel + healthy living

Category: Motivation





Perfectionist Tendencies or Just Lazy?


The new trend in the wellness industry right now seems to be articles and podcasts and IG posts all about perfectionist tendencies and how they’re holding us back. And I think that might be true for, say, 15% of people. The other 85% of …





New Year, New-ish Me? In Defense of the Makeover Montage


10 days into the New Year, how are those resolutions going? Personally, I love a good New Year-New Me moment. I recognize the ludicrous nature of it, but as someone who grew up at the heyday of chick flicks and teen rom-coms, it’s ingrained …



Taking a Break, Immediate Guilt and Creative Aftermath


December was a serious recharge month for us… The first one we’ve taken in probably a decade, now that I think about it. We went on an actual vacation to Santa Teresa in Costa Rica, where we opted to NOT go on copious amounts …




The One Thing: Athletic Bookworm Review + Highlights


This month’s Athletic Bookworms was similar to November’s choice, The Motivation Manifesto: Not 100% athlete oriented, but a lot of lessons that we can take from it with our training (and, of course, in our everyday lives). This one was The ONE Thing: The …