Ryan Atkins is an obstacle course racing superstar. His sport background is diverse including field sports, unicycle trials (!), cross-country running and XC mountain bike racing, which made talking to him an absolute blast. Peter has known him for a bunch of years, and we had so much fun catching up with him.
A few of the topics we go through (among a ton of others!)
- OCR – Obstacle Course Riding
- Training for multiple Disciplines
- Training grip strength as the key to sport—so many sports and so many life activities are so influenced by ability to just hang on
- Challenging fear of new experience
- How to train for OCR, which is basically how to train to do any kind of athletics
Training with a partner who also competes (his soon-to-be-wife is also a superstar OCR racer, which makes training and racing even crazier)
And check out our other episodes here.